NILES, IL, August 4, 2010 — The design of Shure’s Super 55 microphone is an industry and cultural icon. Known for its excellent sound quality and natural vocal reproduction, Shure created a Special Edition Super 55 microphone that features a sharp new red and black color scheme and is available only at Guitar Center.
“This is an extremely cool-looking mic, but it’s not just about the appearance,” said Terri Hartman, Shure’s Director of Marketing Communications. “This Special Edition is perfect for performers and music enthusiasts who are looking for a more unique aesthetic and cutting-edge design, but still appreciate the timeless style and cultural significance represented by these historic microphones.”
The Special Edition Super 55 incorporates modern technology while paying tribute to the original Shure Unidyne – the first single-element unidirectional microphone – introduced in 1939. “It’s the perfect combination of the ultimate in performance and design,” added Chad Wiggins, Category Director for Wired Microphones at Shure.
Featuring a black die-cast case, supercardioid polar pattern, and striking red foam, the Special Edition Super 55 is ideal for stage, studio recording, podcasting, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desired. An integrated, swivel stand mount base and microphone bag are also included.
Features of the Special Edition Super 55:
• Modern sound: Tailored frequency response for natural vocals and speech
• High output: Neodymium magnet and output transformer for increased sensitivity
• Vintage design: Iconic chrome-plated design with vibrant red/black color combination
• Supercardioid polar pattern: Ensures high gain before feedback and excellent off-axis rejection
• Shock mounted cartridge: Minimizes handling/stage noise and ensures quiet operation
• Rugged die-cast chrome casing: Reliable under rigorous conditions